If you or someone you know is in danger, please call 999. If it is not an emergency but you need help from the police, please call 101.
Whilst the Victims’ Commissioner cannot help with individual problems, there are many specialist organisations offering information, advice and support.
The Victim and Witness Information website helps victims and witnesses of crime in England and Wales to find support in their local area. This includes:
- emotional support and counselling
- finding somewhere safe to stay
- finding someone to speak for you and get the help you need
- specialist support for different crimes, including domestic abuse and sexual violence
- information on what happens after reporting a crime, the people you might meet, and the support you should get
- how to complain if something goes wrong
- how to claim compensation
You can also call the 24 hour free Victim Support Line on 08 08 16 89 111 or visit their website for more information about how to get in touch and find support.
If you are going to court as a victim or witness, you can get advice, information and support from the Citizens Advice Witness Service.